Due to the lack of direction from our Prime Minister the hospitality industry has been pretty much hung out to dry. We have been given no direction in terms of whether to close, but all of our customers have been advised to stay home. This action basically means we (and everyone else in the same industry) have no choice but to remain open and struggle through with no financial help from the government or the ability to claim the insurance we should be entitled to. The knock-on effect of this is huge. Most café’s/pubs/restaurants will not be able to pay their staff/bills/rent and the downward spiral begins.
It’s a tough industry and we all work super hard to do what we love and bring a little bit of our passion to our customers. That is now in danger of being taken away and we will protect it as fiercely as we can but until we get some clear direction from our PM it is business as usual for us with some important changes in place:
- Take Away Option now available – please call us 01372 466667 to place an order for collection. Last time for hot food collection 3pm. 4.15pm for coffee/cake. Collection only at the stage
- Cleaning Schedules have been ramped up – they were already excellent, but we are sanitising all areas continually
- Our staff are washing hands and sanitising every 15 minutes
- All sauces/sugar/salt/pepper have been removed from tables and are in sachets. Please ask if you need anything at all!
- Cutlery removed from tables and brought with food
- Tap water station removed so please just ask if you need a glass of water
- Reusable cups (keep cups) are no longer being accepted
- We are still (for now) accepting cash however; we would prefer contactless/apple pay or card payments where possible
- Gift vouchers are available to purchase to be used in the future
There could be opening hour and menu changes over the coming days so please bear with us as we navigate this tough time – we are figuring it out as we go!
Thank you for taking the time to read our rant! You will probably have seen many similar posts from other businesses, so we really appreciate all of your support.
We are taking any changes day by day but the one thing that is constant is our gratitude to our lovely customers and hard-working team. Thank you for supporting us and all independent businesses. We love you all and stay healthy.
Lots of love Alan, Sonia and Team P+A